Assignment #2: The Project List

Eap! Today's assignment was to go through the entire house and make a list of projects to work on throughout the year. My first step was to review the list from last year. I managed to make it through the majority of the list and transferred the incomplete projects that are still relevant to the new list. Without further ado, here are our 2015 house projects with pictures of the rooms as they currently exist:

Kitchen

  • drawer knobs
  • paint cabinets
  • paint counters
  • install back splash
  • kitchen landing strip
  • window treatments
  • herb garden
  • jar labels
  • mirror above the sink
  • beautify the dishwasher
  • touch-up paint

Dining Room

  • build hidden kitty box

Living Room

  • fix couch
  • add throw pillows
  • install blinds
  • hang curtains
  • install ceiling light
  • paint interior of front door white
  • crochet throw blanket
  • upholster armchair
  • add coffee table
  • DIY penny tray

Bathroom


  • install pedestal sink
  • install larger mirror
  • replace light fixture
  • gold polka dot walls
  • stencil floor
  • replace handles
  • refinish door

Bedroom


  • DIY headboard
  • refinish door

Office


  • recover hubby's chair
  • install hanging shelf
  • adjust the layout
  • refinish door
  • address extension cord issue

Stairs/Hallway

  • clean risers (possibly repaint too)
  • hang cork memories
I swear the list looks worse than it is and I'll be working on it throughout the year. Some of the projects I'll do myself and others, mostly likely those involving electricity, I'll hire out. My hope is to post pictures of each room as I complete it. 

Of these, the bathroom will be the most challenging. I am hoping to source the new fixtures from Craiglist or the Restore as I have no intention on paying full price. Also, my bathroom budget is limited (read: replacing the ugly tile is out of the question), so I'm going to get creative with paint. It should be fun.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see what kind of mirror you find for the bathroom! THAT is going to make such a big difference. Do show us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely share. I haven't touched the bathroom since moving here and it shows. The rest of house is coming together though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts