Project 333 Wannabe Update

First off, it seems that I fell off the blogging wagon again.  After a month of blog posts, I was actually worn out.  That being said, today's post is about where I am at with Project 333.  I tried to remember to take pictures of my outfits every working day for a month, but as you can see I fell a bit short.  It's not the end of the world since the picture project was meant to help me see what I actually wear from my closet.

12 non-repeated outfits
During the course of the month I wore 20 pieces of clothing including belts and shoes.  I guess I can handle Project 333.  The real question is:
What is keeping me from limiting my closet?
I think it comes down fear of the unknown. What if it rains? What if it's too hot or too cold? What if I'm going to an event and have nothing to wear? But this photo project has shown me that I can manage to wear a limited closet over the course of a month with 13 pieces to spare. I guess that means I need to just plan for the what ifs in my 33 items and trust that I can make it work. My weekend project will be going through my closet and picking my 33 items for the July - August round.

On the surface, I'm a little apprehensive about such a feat. During those three months I have two family trips and one conference. On the upside, I'm done teaching for the time being and don't need to plan as much for work. Since I practically live in jeans on my non-teaching days -- evidenced by jeans being in 5 of the 12 outfits -- I think that I can handle it. 

How have you tamed your fears to try something new?

Best wishes!

Comments

  1. WOW! I am truly impressed! I have limited my work clothes down quite a bit but have not officially done the 33 items. I think you have done very well here! Accessories are the key, in my humble opinion. If I can manage to change my earrings and maybe throw in a bracelet, I feel like no one will notice I am limiting my closet. The other thing is ... I don't care what people think. The idea is to make more time, less hassle. One load of laundry per week! Can you imagine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My closet has 50-ish items in it right now, so my plan is to go through it and see if I can convince myself to just keep 33 in there. Just wait until we come to visit. I'm bringing the smallest bag possible.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts