Another family addition

A few months ago I found out that my brother and his wife, D and J, are expecting a baby in late November. I am so excited to be an Aunt again. I am already the aunt to two wonderful boys from my other brother and his wife, R and M. (Yes, I have a few brothers. This is where not using names gets tough.) As soon as I found out, I set out to start a couple new crochet projects -- a baby blanket and a basket with washcloths and toys. The baby blanket is still in the works, but I thought I would talk about the basket of goodies.

You might remember the oops I made with Sisko's crocheted dog bed a few weeks ago. I have already found a home for the basket that resulted from that mistake as my yarn and hook corral, but I plan on using the pattern to make a basket for the goodies that I'm working on. I like the idea of an entirely crocheted gift that can be re-purposed as he/she gets older.  

Sample washcloth for me.
The second component of the basket is the pile of washcloths. I don't have kids, but I do remember going through quite a few washcloths when my sister was born. They are great for giving baths, wiping up quick spills, etc... I found a pattern for a granny square washcloth (here) that uses Lily Sugar'n Cream (available here). I was able to crochet a sample washcloth in about an hour, so this is a quick way for me to get a couple of washcloths.  I am going to keep the sample for me since I plan on making a few modifications for the final product, namely using a smaller hook since I crocheted the sample very loosely. I made three other washcloths with a different pattern. I like how these came out with a super soft texture and very cute.

Gender neutral washcloths
The next part of the project will be to figure out which toy(s) I am going to make and to make a basket to hold it all. I am excited to see this project through until the end.

Best wishes!

Comments

  1. I love the pretty washcloths! Crocheted washcloths are the BEST in the kitchen. Do you use them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still making some for the baby gift, but then I'll make a few for us.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts