Skinny Bitch in the Kitch

Thursday, May 8, 2014: Tell us about your favourite cookbook.

First, does the Internet count as a cookbook? I cannot tell you how many times I have thought, "Huh, how do I cook this ?" and with a quick Google search found a potentially tasty recipe. It's like magic.

If the Internet doesn't count, I do actually have a favorite cookbook, Skinny Bitch in the Kitch. For the record, I did not discover this cookbook on my own. I found a copy, oddly enough, at my mom's house. I still don't know why she owns this book since it's a vegan cookbook and she is many things, but definitely not a vegan.


The nice thing about vegan cookbooks is that they have all sorts of delicious non-dairy recipes in them. This is the book with the vegan ricotta recipe so I can still have lasagna and stuffed shells. It also has some pretty good ideas for condiments and sauces. Since I'm not a vegan either, I just use meat when meat substitute is called for. Yes, I realize that the authors of this book are completely against meat because it is a rotting carcass and they would probably have some colorful things to say to me, but I do love their tasty recipes.

Best wishes!

Comments

  1. Mmmm. Stuffed shells. Let's have that when you visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! We're going to have our entire menu planned before the end of the month. <3's

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts