Friday, May 9, 2014

Celebrity Dinner

Friday, May 9, 2014: If you could have dinner with one celebrity chef whom would it be?

Yesterday, I wrote about how my favorite cookbook is the Internet and that I can usually Google an ingredient and happen across a very tasty recipe. When I think about it, most of my recipes come from the Food Network. When we had cable, I would put the Food Network on for background noise and found a few different celebrity chefs that speak to my inner person. I could watch/listen to Robert Irvine, Paula Deen, and Ina Garten for hours on end.

Of these three chefs, I think that I would enjoy having dinner with Ina Garten the most. She seems so down to earth in her shows and two of her recipes are featured in my annual Christmas dinner (linked below). Also, I get the feeling that she doesn't have children and focuses on her career and life with her spouse. As a childfree couple, hubby and I are often the odd couple out at functions and it would be nice to have adult time with others who have made the same choice as us. Ms. Garten's Wikipedia page indicates that she is a former White House nuclear policy analyst. I always had a feeling that she is an incredibly smart woman and now I know why I am so drawn to her.
The other thing that I like about Ina is her focus on entertaining. It never seems like a forced production for her which is something that I hope to be able to emulate. I love having people over to the house for dinner and enjoy preparing, but I'm often overwhelmed by everything that goes into it and forget to enjoy myself. Maybe I'll get better at this with practice.

Whom would you dine with?

Best wishes!

P.S. Hubby said he would pick Alton Brown.

2 comments :