The Cure: House Projects

Since purchasing the house, hubby and I have talked quite a bit about the things that we would like to do to it.  While the house is largely functional and meets our needs, it does need some maintenance completed and I would like to decorate it to fit our style.  Unfortunately, the list of things to do can be quite overwhelming, but I stumbled on an awesome blog/website that is just what I needed to jump start this new year of productivity and organization: the Cure by Apartment Therapy.  Each day, they send me an new email with a task to be completed.  It's sort of like homework for my home.  :)

The first task was to create a list of 'projects' to be completed throughout the year by going from room to room and making a list of the things that need to be addressed.  I am posting my list here to help keep me accountable for getting these issues resolved.

Living Room:
  • Paint and trim touch-ups (completed 12/2014)
  • Install quarter round trim (completed 4/16/2014)
  • Paint the front door white
  • DIY window treatments
  • Re-upholster the armchair
  • Add color with throw pillows (completed 4/2014)
Dining Room:
  • Paint and trim touch-ups (completed 12/2014)
  • Install quarter round trim (completed 4/16/2014)
  • DIY window treatments
  • Rehang our wedding photo (completed 2/2014)
Kitchen:
  • Paint and trim touch-ups (completed 8/2014)
  • Paint base cabinets white
  • Add handles and knobs to the cabinets
  • Install shelves in the tall pantry (completed 1/15/14)
  • Line the drawers with cork (completed 1/10/14)
Bathroom:
  • Caulk the seams (completed 3/2014)
  • Install bathroom fan (completed 9/2014)
Bedroom:
  • Caulk the seams (completed 3/2014)
  • Prepare the room for paint (completed 9/2014)
  • DIY headboard
  • Fix door so that it latches
Office:
  • Caulk the seams (completed 3/2014)
  • Prepare the room for paint (completed 4/27/2014)
  • Buy a desk for my computer (completed 1/27/14)
  • Fix door so that it latches (completed 1/25/14)
Most of what I need to accomplish in order to address the needs of the house include restoring it to its original glory.  The previous owner installed new baseboards and door trim throughout the house, but didn't bother to seal the trim with caulk.  As a result, there are unsightly gaps throughout the house.  The most difficult part of creating this project list was NOT tackling all of the problems as I found them.  I plan to add before and after pictures as I address each room.

The tasks for this weekend are cleaning all of the floors/rugs and stocking up on any needed cleaning supplies.


Comments

  1. I'm a list person too! That's a pretty healthy list of tasks to be done and should keep you busy this year!! I look forward to the before/after pics ... it is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you know that we absolutely love the house. Most of what we need to do is maintenance and finishing what was already started by the previous owner. I'm hoping to update the blog fairly often with updates and our progress.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts