Saturday, October 19, 2013

Back to Blogging

A lot has happened during the 276 days that I wasn't blogging.  I finally decided that I either needed to delete my blog or start writing again because it was making me sad to see my blog languish when so much as happened.  It turns out that the hardest part about starting is actually the starting.

Since my last post a lot has happened in Smith Land:

  • I passed my criminology area exam -- the focus of my last few posts and the main reason that I stopped writing.
  • Hubby and I bought a new car.
  • I got back on facebook.
  • Hubby and I bought a house.
  • I wrote my second area exam on research methods and am now waiting for the oral defense date in a couple of weeks.
  • Hubby continues to study for his exam that is coming up at the end of the month.
  • I am teaching a new course in criminology to seniors.
I am hoping to share the ins and outs of our doings here since facebook still isn't the place to have extended discussions about Smith Land.  While facebook is great for staying in contact with friends and family, I still don't see it as the creative outlet that I need for ideas and such.  That being said, the purpose of my blog is probably going to shift a bit towards discussing what's going on my life and my head and less about minimalism.  There are many great minimalist blogs out there and I've come to realize that mine will never reach that wide of an audience.  However, I can make difference by writing about my teaching, my learning, and our adventures.

The next few posts will focus on all of the changes that we've made and where we hope to go from here.  




No comments :

Post a Comment