Taking Inventory

The first step towards completing the Smith 150 Thing challenge is taking a complete inventory of our apartment.  Holy cow!  Listing out all of our possessions was certainly eye opening for me.  Now I just need to figure out where to start decluttering.  I already posted our rules of "item-hood" in an early blog that had to be slightly amended during the inventory process.

Without further ado, here is the list:


Clearly, we have a lot of work to do.  For those of you counting, there are 231 items on the list which means we have a goal of "decluttering" at least 81 items.  It's going to be pretty tough.  I started looking for easy targets on the list and some of the clothes can certainly go as we don't wear all of them.  From there it'll be interesting.  I'm hoping to have us completely decluttered in time for school to start back up in September.  Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. Oh my, I can't even imagine paring mine down to 1,000! WOW!

    P.S. I put a CD in the mail to Justin this week. Maybe he'll just rip it to his 'puter and put it in the Goodwill box. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be an adventure, that's for sure. The funny part is that we have pretty loose rules on what counts as an item. Some people count individual pens, spoons, etc... That's a little too hardcore for my tastes.

      Fun fact: You can convert media, but still should retain the disk (or original format) as proof that you own the media in case you are ever targeted in an anti-piracy lawsuit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts