Going to Ceder Point

The Mantis
Over the weekend, I went to Cedar Point with my mom, little sister, and cousin.  I had a ton of fun!  All-in-all, I think we rode a grand total of seven rides throughout the day.  All of them were quite fun and I wish we had more time to ride the others.  Unfortunately, the wait times for the popular rides were between 1.5 and 2 hours.  

Cedar Point offers the "fast pass" for purchase.  The "fast pass" allows customers to bypass the normal line and wait a fraction of the time.  From what I could tell, fast pass customers were able to ride in less than half the time normal customers were able to ride. But this effectively creates to groups of riders, normal vs. privileged.  Essentially, those with the means to pay $50 (or more depending on the size of the group) per person were treated to these rides.  It seemed like the fast pass lane made the normal line take even longer because these customers were accommodated ahead of the others.  Personally, I'm not a fan of this system.  I understand what Cedar Point is trying to do, but they could take a few cues from any of the Disney theme parks.  At the Disney theme parks the fast pass is free and used to encourage customers to plan their days a little better.  Instead of rewarding those with money, Disney rewards those with the foresight to plan.  But enough about the lines and waiting.

The best ride of the day was the Maverick.  It was completely worth the two hour wait.  I've never been so terrified for life during a ride before and it was a total rush.  The ride starts off with you getting strapped into your seat with a over the shoulder harness and lap bar (pretty heavy duty stuff).  Next you are taken to the top, but instead of being dropped down you are shot down.  It makes for a pretty scary beginning.  Then you go through twists and turns and loops -- only to come to a complete stop.  Giving you just long enough to catch your breath, you're shot out again and proceed through another section of the ride.  By the end of it, I had one had molded to the handle bar and the other hand curled around the harness.  Wow!  What a rush!

Comments

  1. How much fun...I love the rides at the parks...never too old to get a rush...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not me. I'd be sick the rest of the day. You young people can have all that fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast the day of, but I didn't get out of bed the whole next day. I was pooped!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts